From browser updates to code changes, there are a number of things that can make your Hatchlings experience less than EGGciting. What we want more than anything is to help you get back to hunting eggs! To do that, we need to identify what's causing your issue. You can help us with that—all we need is the right information.
Provide as much detail as you can about what's happening in the game, what device and browser you're using, and the details below -- plus, it's usually helpful to include a screenshot. The details we need depend on the issue, but here are some we almost always need:
- Your Hatchlings ID. This is the string of numbers next to “My ID” at the bottom of the sidebar, and clicking the paper icon next to it will copy your ID to your computer's clipboard.
- The device you're using to play and its operating system (e.g., a Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10). If you don't know this, you can find it in your system's "About" settings.
(Windows instructions) | (Mac instructions)
- The browser you're using to play when this issue happens (we recommend Google Chrome).
- A description of what IS happening, as opposed to what isn't happening.
- For example, rather than "Hatchlings isn't loading," you could say, "When I try to load Hatchlings, all I see is the Hatchlings logo and the loading bar."
- If you say "I can't doX," we will probably ask, "What happens when you try?"
- A detailed description of the problem you're experiencing, the actions you took beforehand (this will help us reproduce and troubleshoot the issue), and how often this happens.
- What troubleshooting steps you've already attempted on your own.
- We'll be extra grateful if you try to reproduce the problem yourself - does it always happen, or just after a specific sequence of steps?If you do reproduce the problem, send us the steps you took to do so.
- For even more brownie points, see if you can reproduce the problem using a different browser or device - does the problem happen in both Chrome and Safari, for example? your iPad and your laptop?
A picture is worth a thousand words -- or at least a few email replies. Providing a visual makes it faster and easier for us to understand, investigate, and resolve an issue. Following are links to instructions for the most common devices:
- Windows screenshot instructions -updated Windows/Microsoft 365|Windows 7-10
- iPhone screenshot instructions
- iPad screenshot instructions
- Mac screenshot instructions (MacBook, Mac Mini, etc.)
- Android screenshot instructions
"I can't hunt" is not a helpful message. We'll have to write back with half a dozen questions.
The follow example is much more helpful:
I play Hatchlings on an iPad Air MC785LL/A. OS version is 12.3.1. I use Google Chrome. To play, I open Chrome and click on the Hatchlings link in my bookmarks bar. It takes me to next.hatchlings.com. When I play in Power Mode, the screen scrolls or jumps as I tap on the eggs. This doesn't happen if I tap with one finger, but I like to play with two hands. I've tried turning Multitasking Gestures off, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything. I'm attaching some screenshots of what I see when I try to play in Power Mode.