In Hatchlings, you can use shells to purchase gift cards for yourself or for your friends.
They are available for both shell packages and Premium memberships.
In this article:
How do I purchase a gift card?
How do I redeem a gift card?
- Go to the Marketplace by clicking the shopping cart icon. Click Gift Cards on the left side.
- Click the red Redeem Gift Cards button. Redeemable gift cards are at the top under Your Gift Cards, and sent or redeemed cards are under Your Gift Card History.
- Find the gift card you want under Your Gift Cards, click Redeem, and enjoy!
(You no longer need to enter a code.)
Don't see your card and need to enter a redemption code you received? There's a "Have a code?" link at the top of the window, just under Buy More Cards. You can enter it there.
Remember: you can have as many gift cards as you like, but a MAXIMUM of 13 months of Premium "active" at one time, so before you redeem a Premium gift card, make sure it wouldn't put you over that limit.
I'm having trouble with a gift card.
Can't complete a gift card purchase? If you have enough shells but still can't buy a gift card, remember that before you can buy a gift card, you need to have purchased shells at least once.
My code doesn't work. If you are manually entering a code to redeem a gift card, but it's not working, here are the main culprits:
- A reading or typing error -- look out for S/5, G/6, O/0, and other alphanumeric tricksters.
- It's already been redeemed. Your friend might have accidentally given out the same code twice, or you might have forgotten that you redeemed codes out of order.
I redeemed a Premium gift card but it didn't extend my membership. If a Premium membership gift card isn't working, make sure it wouldn't extend your membership past 13 months. You can have up to 13 months of Premium at one time, so before you redeem a Premium gift card, make sure it wouldn't put you over that limit. If you already redeemed it and need help, contact support.